Thursday, July 8, 2010
Secrets of NXIVM; A Three Part Series-----Part 1.The Contract
Well things at camp NXIVM were in a funk in the fall of 2008 as members fled for the hills, many taking with them embarrassing information about Keith Raniere (aka "Vanguard"). So of course the “smartest man in the world” came up with an answer. Insiders have alleged that on New Year's Eve 2009 Keith Raniere (aka "Vanguard") unveiled his infamous NXIVM contract.
Members and insiders have alleged that
- Keith Raniere (aka "Vanguard") revealed this new concept of "community" on New Year's Eve 2009
- Although it was initially just a concept, within a month an actual "contract" had been created and every member was asked to sign it
- The reactions within the NXIVM community were varied: some thought it was a good idea; some were uncomfortable about it; some didn't want to sign it; some were afraid to say what they thought for fear of disapproval;, and some were outraged.
- Why did people not like it? Because they didn't believe that anyone should be required to sign a contract to be a "good person" - and because they didn't like the new time commitment of 20 hours/month in these so called "group discussions and meetings" in order to be part of a community.
- Because a lot of members did not want to sign the new contract, a community meeting was held to explore the pros and cons. Karen Unterriener (Vanguard's girlfriend of 34-years whom he lives with and a top NXIVM leader) led this meeting. It didn't turn out to an open forum for exploration though. Instead, Karen skillfully led the group to understand how "necessary it was to sign" to prove your commitment. Those who opposed signing received criticism and quickly realized there would be negative repercussions for not going along with it - and that they may become outcasts if they didn't go along.
- By the end of February, it became a rule that if you didn't sign the contract, then you could not be part of this "new" NXIVM community.
- Many people chose not to sign and are on the outs. Many people signed reluctantly for fear of not belonging. Many others gladly signed to prove their commitment.
Of course all of this is conjecture only to be taken with Grain of Salt and this may or may not be the contract. I guess you’ll have to decide yourself.And to my little friend Ms. Pamela A Nichols
I filed a complaint with
Committee on Professional Standards
State of New York Supreme Court,
Third Judicial Department
40 Steuben Street, Suite 502 Albany, NY 12207
Against you for violating
Disciplinary Rule 7‐105(a) "forbids lawyers from threatening criminal prosecution “solely to obtain an advantage in a civil matter.”
So keep that in mind the next time you sent one of your zombies to my home.
Next Part 2. Vanguard Week
DISCLAIMER: THE POSTING OF STORIES, COMMENTARIES, REPORTS, DOCUMENTS AND LINKS (EMBEDDED OR OTHERWISE) ON THIS SITE DOES NOT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, NECESSARILY EXPRESS OR SUGGEST ENDORSEMENT OR SUPPORT OF ANY OF SUCH POSTED MATERIAL OR PARTS THEREIN